Friday, June 10, 2005

Playing on Royal Vegas

After playing Limit Hold'em on games.yahoo.com for a couple of weeks and reading up on poker strategy on several poker web sites, I decided to actually download some poker software and play for play money. I decided to downloaded the software from royalvegaspoker.com after reading The Beginner's Bankroll Strategy Guide on poker-strategy.org ( http://www.poker-strategy.org/default.aspx?PageContentID=16&tabid=103). Royal Vegas gives new players a $10 bonus that can be used to start building a bankroll. I haven't started playing for real money, I am still playing with play money. I want to learn as much as I can, if I decide to play with real money.

I played on two different tables on Royal Vegas. The first one was a .50/1.00 pot limit table and I didn't stay there very long at all (only 5 hands before I noticed I was not playing a fixed-limit table).

The second table I played at was a $10/$20 fixed-limit table. I started out with $500 of play money and played a few hands. When I left, after about 30 minutes of playing, I was up to $775 of play money. I won one hand with two pair (Aces over 10s). The pot was up to $570. When the hand started I had $490 in chip and when the hand ended I had $910.

I only played one other hand to the river. I was dealt Ac 10ds, I called, everyoned else called. The flop was 2s 10c 4s. 2 people check in front of me and I bet, everyone else calls. Qs on the turn, I bet again, everyone calls. The river was 2c, so now I have 2 pair (10s over dueces), I bet again. 3 people call and 4 people fold. I did not win. The winner (karokekid) showed Ad 2h, so he ended up with three dueces and won the pot of $410 dollars. Maybe if I had been more aggressive (raised with the pair of tens), I would have taken the pot.

Tonight I learned that I am definately not ready to start playing for real money. Play on Royal Vegas was much faster than what I am used to on yahoo. I had a hard time keeping up with what everyone else was doing. There was absolutely no time to try and figure out how to read people. I will play with play money some more on Royal Vegas over the next few days to see if I can grow accustomed to the pace. The software seemed very busy to me, there was so much to look at to try and get information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home