Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Some Downs and Ups

played about 300 hands of $0.50/1.00 on Saturday afternoon. I took some pretty bad beats early but I managed to stay cool and win some of it back. I still ended down $15.50. One of the hands that hurt me was a hand where I was dealt kings. I raised preflop after the player to my right called and the player to my left cold-called. The flop was A77 and I bet after it was checked to me and only the original caller stayed in with me. The turn was a blank and we both checked. The river was a four and I called after my opponent bet. He showed 44 for fours full of sevens. I really should have bet the turn after he checked to me, but I felt I was really pushing my luck with that ace out there.

I continued to make some bad decision and missed out on a couple of opportunities and misplayed some hands. Then near the end of the session I began to make some good decisions and hit some nice flops to recover some of what I had lost early in the session.

Sunday morning I played almost 200 hands and for most of the session I played pretty well and almost doubled my buy-in. But I made some huge mistakes at the end of the session and walked away up only $4.75. On the last hand, I was UTG and dealt AQ of hearts, I raised and only the button and the BB called. The flop was 2hKhQs, I bet after the BB check and the button raised. The turn and river cards were the Js and Ks and I bet both times and was raised each time. The button was held KJ of diamonds. I probably should have just checked and called on the river and saved myself a bet.

Tuesday night I managed to play about 200 more hands and I think I played pretty well through out the entire session. The table I was at was pretty tight and very few hands went to showdown. Most of the pots I won were pretty small. The biggest pot I won was $12 with AA against KK. I finished the session up $9.50.

I am now re-reading through the post-flop section of Small Stakes Hold'em and hope to improve my post-flop play.

Current Bankroll: $283.46

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home