Saturday, June 11, 2005

I am now playing for real money

I started playing for real money last night at Royal Vegas Poker. The $10 sign up bonus posted to my account yesterday and I played a few raked hands at a .25/.50 limit table to comply with the requirements. When I left I was down to $8.63. I tried to find some .5/.10 limit tables to play on with play money, but there weren't any. So I played a few hands at a 100/200 fixed limit table with play money and quickly lost all of that. The play on the play money tables did not seem to be realistic and I don't think I was learning anything by playing there (about poker or the software).

So I decided to take the plunge and play for real money. I looked for some .02/.04 fixed limit tables but there weren't any to be found (I guess Royal Vegas Poker does not offer them that low anymore). The lowest stakes I could find was .05/.10 fixed limit tables.

According to the history I started playing the first game at 11:14p and the last game I played in started at 12:05a. I started that session with $8.63 and ended with $9.29. The session consisted of 31 hands in that time. I won 4 hands.

My strategy is to play tight and aggressive. I don't want to gamble this money away quickly. I will only bet and raise the best cards and fold everything else. I might bluff very rarely, but only after I have won some hands with good cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home