Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Another Lousy Weekend

aturday afternoon I over 350 hands of $.50/1.00 and ended the session down $2.75. I did not play very well. I made too many very poor decisions, especially near the end of the session. I was up over $10.00 when I was dealt KK and raised before the flop and only the BB called. The flop 3Q2, I raised after the BB checked and then he raised. I called him all the way to the river, despite the fact that I was pretty sure I was beat. I just couldn't convince myself that he had actually flopped a set. At the showdown he showed a pair of dueces.

Sunday morning I managed to sneak in about 60 hands and I played better but I still lost $5.25. Sunday afternoon I played about 150 hands and lost almost $24. Even though I lost quite a bit, I think I made pretty good decisions. Early in the session I was dealt K3 of clubs in the BB and checked after two players and the SB called. The flop was A82 all club and I decided it would be best to slow play the nut flush. I checked and the player to my left bet, then I called when the action came back around to me. The turn was the 5 of diamonds and again I checked and then raised after the player behind me bet. The turn was the Ace of hearts, I bet and my opponent raised, I reraised and then called after he capped the betting. He turned over AA and stole the pot away from me. I probably should have just called his first raise on the river, but I just didn't think he had me beat. Later on I lost another huge pot after I flopped a set of dueces and my opponent made a higher set on the turn.

Current Bankroll: $251.71

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home