Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Little Progress

haven't been able to make much progress lately. The Friday night and Sunday afternoon sessions played out pretty much the same. For each show down I won, another one was lost. Three times out of both of those sessions I was dealt KK and lost all three times. Two of those times my opponent made three of a kind on the river. I know I am not going to win every time with pocket kings, but this is a little bit ridiculous. Over both of those sessions I lost $1.11. I still think I made good decisions, but had some bad luck.

Monday and Tuesday night's sessions were a little bit better. I ended up winning $0.37. Monday night I hit a couple of flops early from the BB and managed to get up about $0.90. But later in the session, I missed the flops with hands like AK and KQ and only walked away with $0.10.

Tuesday night I found myself down about $1.10 twice, but managed to squeak out $0.27. On my second BB I was dealt K7o. The flop was 987 and everyone checked throught the flop. I was sure I was going to win after another 7 fell on the turn. I raised after the SB bet, then he reraised and I began to think he might have flopped a straight. I called him down to the river and sure enough he held 65. Then two hands later I was certain I was going to win some of it back with AJs and the flop came A65, but my opponent held AK. He check raised the flop, we both check the turn and then check raised the river. Then I saw him make a similar play a few hands later.

After picking up $1.80 with AJ and KQ I was only down $0.20. Then I was dealt KK and lost again, this time to 77 after both of the remaining sevens were dealt on the flop and turn. But I flopped a straight with 75o and won $1.60. Sometimes the best looking hands lose and sometimes the ugly hand turn into winners.

Current Bankroll: $232.83

1 Comments:

Blogger alabare said...

Nice work!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home