Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Very Nice Weekend

he two sessions I played over the weekend turned out to be very profitable. A few hands into Saturday's session I flopped a set with a pair of fives and then improved on the turn to a full house and won a $1.95 pot. I then won another $1.95 a few hands later after flopping two pair with AK. After fewer than 20 hands I was already up $2.40. The rest of the session did not go as well however. I lost a pretty good chunk with KJs after flopping two pair, but a queen on the turn completed my opponent's straight. I made a few mistakes during the remainder of the session and folded the best hand a couple of times. Near the end of the session I was pretty frustrated and missed some big opportunities. But I still left with $0.89 in winnings.

Sunday's session started of very much the same way as Saturday's. First I won $1.90 with K4s, after making a flush on the river. Then I won $3.35 after being dealt 44 and flopping a set, then improving to a full house on the turn. After 15 hands I was up over $3.00 and my good fortune carried on throughout the rest of the session. After winning $2.22 with pocket aces I had nearly doubled my $5.00 buy-in. After splitting two pots with AK and AT and then winning another with QT, I finished up $5.92 for the day. I know that I was very fortunate with the cards I was dealt, but I don't think I made many mistakes.

After more than a year of playing this game, I feel like I have made a good deal of improvement in my post flop play in the last several weeks. Also being picky about seat selection has boosted the bankroll.

Current Bankroll: $241.11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home