Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Free Poker Money

recieved a very nice email from Party Poker yesterday stating that they had credited my account with a $30.00 bonus. So I sat down at a $0.50/$1.00 Limit Hold'em table last night to see if I could do anything with it. I will probably play at Party for the rest of this week so I can work off the raked hand requirements for this bonus. I played almost 200 of the required 300 hands last night. I did pretty well during last night's session. I made a few lousy calls and lost a little bit, but I was dealt some good cards at the end of the session and managed to finish up $14.50.

The biggest pot I won was $12.50 at the end of the session. I raised with AJ after one player in front of me called. The player behind me reraised and I called along with 2 others. I made top pair on the flop of J46. I bet after two players checked to me and the pre-flop reraiser again reraised. I figured I am up against a high pocket pair, but I called to see the turn. The turn was another six and I checked expecting to fold if it gets bet. The reraiser checked also and I got to see the river for free along with three others. The river was another Jack and I knew I had this won. I bet and two players called. One turned over AK and the preflop reraiser turned over AQ. I was very fortunate that hand. I might have lost a lot of money if an ace had come out on the flop.

One of the big things that I have learned over the last few months is how to be patient. If I am down a few bets a session, I know that it might only take a couple of good hands to either get back to even or up a few bets. Also, I know that if I find myself up a few bets, I know that it only takes a few missed flops to fall back down below even for the session. The point is, I try not to get too upset over the losses that I take and not too excited over the wins, because things could change very quickly.

Current Bankroll: $285.61

3 Comments:

Blogger alabare said...

Hmmm...seems like everyone got an email from Party yesterday providing free money except me...WTF!

heh..

Good luck over there. Not so sure I'd want there money anyway, lol.

3:40 PM  
Blogger EuroYank - Virginia Hoge said...

Great Blog! Easy to read. Well written. Great colors!

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

My name is Elen, and I am the Marketing Manager of Pokerbility.com.

I ran across your site while surfing the net and would like to begin doing business with you. What I'm offering is a wide array of deals, including flat rate, CPA, paid advertising or combo deals.

Pokerbility is a poker odds calculator, one that uses the patent-pending CombiCalc™ Calculation Method in order to provide you with the most accurate, real-time poker advice applicable to each and every hand. Pokerbility has become one of the leading poker-related products in the dynamic and expanding world of online poker, and I’ll be happy to see you joining our growing community of partners.

Please advise regarding rates and who the best person is to contact.


Thank you and looking forward,

Elen
Pokerbility – Your Personal Poker Assistant
www.pokerbility.com

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home