Thursday, August 04, 2005

Down by the river!

I played another short session last night. I decided to limit myself to an hour long session, since that seems to the most profitable. It seems like anytime I play longer than an hour I will win some hands during the first hour and then during next few hours I end up giving most of my winnings back.

I got very lucky last night in all of the hands I played. I won 5 hands and 4 of them were hands on which I need the river to win. The first two hands I won with Jacks full. Both times I was dealt pocket Jacks, both times I made two pair on the flop. I probably shouldn't have stayed in after the turn, because I didn't have the right odds, but I got lucky and the J hit on the river. The first time I beat out a guy who made his full house on the flop (4s full of 6s). He didn't bet on the flop so I thought my Js & 6s were good. He did bet on the turn, which should have clued me in but I missed it and got lucky. The second time I don't know what the other guy had because he mucked his cards but he was not happy that I got that Jack on the river. I figure he might have had 3 of a kind, but who know.

The third pot I won was only $.37. I was dealt 62s in the big blind, so I checked. The flop gave me another 2 and I checked again and so did everyone else. The turn was a 9, so I checked a third time and everyone else did the same. The river was a 2 the SB bet. I figured he probably had two pair so I called and won.

The fourth pot was even smaller ($.16), but it didn't get past the flop. I had JTo in MP and everyone folded around to me. I called and everyone else folds around to the BB who checks. The flop was AA6, the BB checked, I bet and the BB folded.

The last pot I won was a hand I think I played very well. I was dealt AhAd in EP, the two player before me called and I raised. Everyone called behind me except for of the SB. The flop was QT8d. Three players check in front of me and I bet. Two players dropped out but everyone else called. The turn was a 6x and the three players in front of me checked again. Since I did have anything other than a pair of aces I checked and a player behind me bet and several people call. Now the pot is up to almost $2.00 and I have 9 outs, I thought for a bit and decided to call. The river was a 7d and 1 player in front of me bet and I raised and got 2 callers. Both player mucked there hands, so I didn't get to see what they had, maybe they had smaller flushes or they were bluffing.

After that my hour was up and I got out. Who knows how my night would have turned out if I hadn't gotten those river cards. Probably not good. In the end I ended up winning $3.72 for the night. I got extremely lucky.

Current BR: $18.00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home