Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Maybe I didn't learn anything last week

I played poorly again last night. The night started off well, I started playing tight and I won some big hands early on. In less than a hour I was up to over a dollar, but then a couple of hands later I loosened up my starting hand requirements and I was right back down to what I started with. Before I sat down I decided I would only play for 2 hours, but after 2 hours I still didn't feel like I was up enough, so I thought I would continue for another hour. Same thing 1 hour later. I quit after 4 hours and lost $0.52 for the night. I was up and down the rest of the session after my big wins. I should have stuck with my 2 hour limit and the winnings I had at the time. If I had quit at 2 hours I would have been up exactly $0.20. Not as much as I had earlier, but I could have walked away winning. I thought if I stayed in longer and played only the best cards I could increase that amount. Instead I played when I was tired and too long. I need to make sure I stick to my starting hand standards after I win big pots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home