Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Monday Session

The Monday session was the exact opposite of the Sunday session, super tight. There was almost no raising. Whoever bet first won the tiny pot. So I decided to sit back and wait for my turn to win a small pot. I ended up winning a medium sized pot ($.50) and a large pot(>$1.00). The medium sized pot I won with two pair (Aces over Tens). The large pot was $1.78 that started out with a pair of sevens and ended up a full house (7s full of 4s). For some reason several players woke up on that hand and started betting. I never raised during that hand just kept calling. Only one player showed there cards and he started out the A4 of clubs. After that everyone started to play very tight again.

I could have saved myself some money on one of my final hands had I folded it when I knew I was beat. I had KQ suited so I raised before the flop and had a couple of callers. The flop was Q54 and I bet after the players before me checked so I bet again and they both called. The turn was another 4 after they both checked in front me, knowing I had the best hand. One guy folded but the other one called and got an Ace on the river. I knew when I saw it that he had me beat, but I couldn't lay it down, I know I should have.

After that it was time to get out of there before I lost the rest of my winnings. I ended up winning $.42 for the night. I need to be better disciplined and quit after a set time instead of staying in.

Current BR: $17.25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home