Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Saturday Session

I played for about an hour and a half on Saturday morning and I won a whopping $.15. I should have quit after about 50 hands. I just can't seem to hang on to my winnings if I play more than about 50 hands. I don't know why. It is really frustrating. Maybe it is because I am anxious to get to $20.00 and I am pushing too hard.

About 20 hands into this session I was dealt A4 of spades and decided to call after only two of the 5 players before me called and only the blinds were behind me. The SB called and the BB checked.. Two more spades came on the flop (a K and a 3) and I called after the SB bet the BB folded and the player to my right folded. The turn (2 of spades) produced a flush for me and 2 players checked, I bet and they called. The river was the 10 of spades the SB bet, player to might right called and I raised. Both players called and I won $1.23. I see how being in late position benefited me on that hand. Had I been in early position there wouldn't have been enough money in the pot to justify calling on the flop. I was probably not a wise move to call before the SB and BB acted because if either one of them had raised after me I probably would have had to throw that hand away.

The hand that killed me came near the end of the session when I called with QJo from UTG. The flop was QQ5 and I decided to checked after the SB and BB. A player to my left bet and I decided to raise thinking I might be up against a pair, and he reraised. That should have clued me in, but I reraised and capped the betting. The turn was a K and I came out betting again and he raised. I don't know why I called but I did. The river was an 8, I bet, he raised and I called. He flipped over a pair of 5s and won the pot. I never saw it coming and I should have.

Before I quit before the day I was able to win a couple of medium sized pots to end up $.15. I need to learn to recognize when I am beat and fold my hand and I need force myself to quit after about 50 hands.

Current BR: $18.15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home