Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Micro Limit Grinding

aturday I played a couple of sessions of $.05/.10 Limit on PokerStars and did very poorly. I played poorly after the flop and showed down too many hands that I felt were beaten. I also hand a string of terrible luck that helped to do me in. Near the end of my session I lost $1.20 on four consective hands. I was dealt AQo and lost to AKo. Then on the next hand I was dealt TT and had to fold after and ace came on the flop. I was dealt TT again and lost to KK. On the fourth hand raised with 99 and folded on the flop after another ace was dealt out. I just could not catch a break on Saturday and lost almost $4.00.

Sunday morning I played about 200 hands and did much better. I ended up walking away with $1.57. The biggest pot I won was with a pair of aces. I reraised after UTG raised and then called after he capped. The final board was QK857 and I just called his bets on each street because I was worried that he had flopped a set. He was holding AK. I really misplayed my hand here and I might have been able to win a bigger pot if I had been more aggressive. I should have at least reraised the flop to get a better idea of his hand.

Monday night I played about 120 hands and won $2.26. I was down $1.00 when several players left the table. While we were shorthanded I managed to win several pots and get back to even. I think most of the pots I won that night were when we were playing shorthanded. I was getting some pretty good cards during those periods. I have been very reluctant to play much shorthanded, but I might have to spend a little more time playing that way.


Current Bankroll: $247.19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home