Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Dusting Off The Cobwebs

t's been a while. I didn't realize until today how long it's been since my last post. I have still been playing $0.05/0.10 Limit Hold'em on PokerStars. So far I have won just over $31 total since I started playing there in March. My plan is to see where I am after playing 10,000 hands and move up to the $.10/.20 Limit game.

Things got off to a great start Sunday morning after being dealt pocket aces on my first hand and winning a $1.05 pot. Then I hit running aces on the turn and river with AKo to suck out against a two pair of queens and tens. My final hand during the session was KK and I won the blinds when no one called my early position raise. I left up $1.08.

Sunday afternoon's session also went very well. I won several hands and finished up $1.88. The biggest pot I won was $1.59 with a full house.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Ts, Th.
2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero raises, 4 folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 4h, 7h, 4c (2 players)
MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP1 raises, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) Tc (2 players)
MP1 bets, Hero raises, MP1 calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 7s (2 players)
MP1 bets, Hero raises, MP1 3-bets, Hero caps, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 16.70 BB

Results below:
MP1 has 7d 8h (full house, sevens full of fours).
Hero has Ts Th (full house, tens full of sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.70 BB.

A few hands later I took a big loss to a tight passive player to my left. I was dealt AJs and had top top pair top kicker after the flop of A39. I bet and the tight player raised, I reraised thinking maybe I still had him beat. He then just went into call down mode and turn over AK at the show down. I guess I should have known something was up when he reraised on the flop. I had seen him just call on the flop with AK a few hands earlier.

Monday night I won $1.07 after being dealt several very good starting hands and hitting some flops.

Tonight, I plan to give Ed Miller's Small Stack No Limit Strategy a test with a $30.00 bonus that Party Poker awarded me yesterday. I have been wanting to learn to play some No Limit and this bonus will give me a risk free opportunity. I will report back here with my findings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, been reading your archives all day at work. good stuff!! i starting contributing over at blog.pokerletter.com and think it would benefit us both to link to each other. what do you think?

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home