Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Tuesdays are not good for poker

I lost again last night. I am 0-3 on Tuesday nights. I came close last night but it wasn't enough. I think I am going to take a couple of nights off and do some reading. I bought The Illustrated Guide to Texas Hold'em by Dan Purdy and it is pretty good.

I don't think I did anything really stupid last night. I probably made some calls before the flop early on that I shouldn't have and that hurt me. About 25 hands in I managed to win 3 out of 4 hands but that only put me about $.11 up so I continued on. After that I folded just about every starting hand before the flop and if I did see a flop I usually folded after the flop.

The table was a little looser than Monday night but not much. The biggest pot I won was $.70 with two pair. I was in the BB and was dealt K4s. There were 3 limpers ahead of me when I checked. The flop 29K and the SB checked. I didn't think anybody could have had better than a pair of Kings so I bet. Two players called and the SB folded. The turn was an 8 and I bet again. This time I only had 1 caller. The river was another 4, I bet again and was called. My opponent didn't show his cards so I am not sure what he was doing.

Near the end of the session I called with AT of spades and ended up getting 2 more spades on the flop and called after the flop and turn hoping to get another spade to make a flush, but it didn't happen.

I ended up losing $.49 for the night, most of it in blinds.

Current BR: $16.76

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home