Monday, August 15, 2005

Friday Night

I sat down and logged on to Royal Vegas intending only to play for 1 hour on Friday night, but I ended up playing three. I started out the night with $16.76 and after about an hour I had managed to win over $1.00. I could have quit right then and been pretty happy but I felt if I stayed in a little longer I could do better. Before I knew it another hour had passed and my winnings were still a little over $1.00. I had improved in the second hour but not by much. The third hour was a dramatic improvement.

I got some pretty good cards and won some pretty good sized pots all three hours. I stuck with my game plan. I was determined to stick with and play only the cards that were on my starting hand chart. I can't afford to play foolishly. I have done that in the past and it has cost me too much.

The biggest pot I won during the night was $1.55 and I did it twice, both times with pocket Jacks. The first time was early in the session and I was in early position and raised and got four callers. The flop was 6, 2, 3 rainbow. I bet again and one person called, one raised and two more called with me. The turn was a another Jack and again I bet and the other three called. The river was an Ace and I bet and this time only 2 players called. They both mucked there hands so I don't know what they could have had, probably nothing better that two pair.

The second time I won $1.55 was the last pot I won before quitting. Again I received Jacks, but I didn't get the third Jack until the river. The other guy showed AT suited and wound up flopping a pair of tens.

As for the hands I did not win. I did not play very many all the way to the river at all. I think the most I put into one pot that I did play to the river and lost was $0.60. I tried to be very selective about how I played after the flop as well and only called when I felt the pot odds were worth it.

After that it was time to push away from the table. I won 15 hands out of 154. At the end of the night I was up $2.73.

Current BR: $19.49

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home