Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Bad Decisions

I played a few more hands Friday night and Sunday afternoon on Royal Vegas. I made too many mistakes and ended up losing $2.39. I need to learn to listen to the voice inside my head that says I am beat and I should fold on the river. I called too many times on the river when I knew that I was beat.

This is one of the many mistakes I made Friday night. Check and folding on the river would have been a better move.
** Sandwich Ham [Hold 'em] (0.050.10 Fixed Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

** Dealing card to MrBigStuff25: 4 of Clubs, 7 of Spades
UTG called, UTG+1 folded, UTG+2 folded, MP1 folded, MP2 folded, MP3 folded, CO called, Button folded, SB called
MrBigStuff25 checked

** Dealing the flop: 8 of Clubs, 6 of Clubs, Jack of Clubs (4 SB, 4 players)

SB checked, MrBigStuff25 checked, UTG bet, CO called, SB folded, MrBigStuff25 called

** Dealing the turn: 2 of Clubs (3.5 BB, 4 players)
MrBigStuff25 bet, UTG called, CO called

** Dealing the river: 10 of Clubs (6.5 BB, 4 players)
MrBigStuff25 bet, UTG raised, CO folded, MrBigStuff25 called

UTG shows: 7 of Hearts, Ace of Clubs
MrBigStuff25 mucks: 4 of Clubs, 7 of Spades
UTG wins 10.5BB


I don't think there is anything I could have done different here to keep this from happening. The SB had the correct odds to see the river.
** Sandwich Ham [Hold 'em] (0.050.10 Fixed Limit - Cash Game) Real Money
** Dealing card to MrBigStuff25: Ace of Spades, Ace of Diamonds
UTG folded, UTG+1 folded, UTG+2 folded, MrBigStuff25 raised, CO folded, Button called, SB called, BB called

** Dealing the flop: 9 of Hearts, 4 of Spades, 7 of Clubs (8 SB, 4 players)
SB checked, BB checked, MrBigStuff25 bet, Button called, SB called, BB called

** Dealing the turn: 6 of Spades (6 BB, 4 players)
SB checked, BB checked, MrBigStuff25 bet, Button folded, SB called, BB called

** Dealing the river: 5 of Hearts (9 BB, 3 players)
SB checked, BB bet, MrBigStuff25 called, SB called

BB shows: Ace of Clubs, 3 of Hearts
MrBigStuff25 mucks: Ace of Spades, Ace of Diamonds
SB shows: 8 of Diamonds, Jack of Clubs
SB wins 12 BB

Total # of hands played: 5721
Current BR: $9.94

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home