Friday, December 16, 2005

I'm A Loser, Baby

I played a couple hundred hands of $0.50/$1.00 limit Hold'em on Party Poker Wednesday night and I did not do very well at all. I lost another $18.00. I played poorly and made several bad decisions. The first bad decision probably was to play in the evening in the first place. I don't think I play as well in the evenings as I do in the mornings or afternoons. That means I will have to limit my playing to the weekends.

I won 12 hands but most of them were small pots that did not go to showdown and it was not enough to offset my losses.

The most I lost on one hand was $5.50 with a pair of kings against a pair of aces early in the session. I re-raised before the flop after the player to my left raised. He capped the betting pre-flop and I had a feeling I was screwed. But apparently that feeling did not last and I stayed in to see the river and the aces. The flop was 6AJ. I had the opportunity to fold right there but didn't. Then I got really stupid on the turn and bet after 'Mr. Three Aces' checked and then raised. I could have saved several bets my folding my kings on the flop.

The biggest pot I won was $9.25. I called under the gun with AJo. A player in middle position raised and I called again. The flop was AJ4, I bet and then called a raise by the middle position player. I bet and was called on both the flop and turn after a King and a three. The other player had AQ. Then the very next hand I posted the BB and was dealt AJs. I checked after only UTG called. The flop was AJ7, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I bet the flop, the turn (9) and the river (Q). UTG raised on the river and I almost re-raised but after taking some time to think only called. UTG flipped over AQo and took most of my winning from the previous hand.

Later I got very lucky and won a $7.00 pot when I thought I had an open-ended straight draw and had 8 outs, when in fact I only had 4 and did not have the odds to call. One of the 4 cards I needed came on the flop and my straight beat out a pair of nines. The dude I beat seemed to be pretty pissed and he had a right to be. Too bad he didn't have any money left after that hand, maybe he would have tilted and I could have won some more money off of him. He told me 'Nice catch' on his way out.

I plan to play again on Saturday morning. Hopefully I will play better in the morning and leave the table with more money than I brought. So far this limit is kicking my tail.


Current Bankroll: $182.90

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home