Monday, November 21, 2005

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

I did not have much good luck at the poker table Friday night. But maybe it can't all be blamed on bad luck, I am sure much of it had to do with bad decisions on my part.

One of the first few hands I played would have been a winner if I had stayed in the see the turn card. I was dealt a pair of eights and called from middle position. The BB raised and 6 of us called. The flop came 447, the BB bet and I folded, figuring I did not have the correct pot odds to call. The turn was an 8. The BB hand TT and the other player beat him with his 36s after making a straight when a 5 came on the river.

Then I lost more than I should have when I was dealt a pair of queens and an ace came on the flop. I probably should have just checked the flop instead of betting and letting someone else be aggressive on the flop.

Then I lost a little bit more when my pocket aces went up against JTs and the flop came JTK. I stayed aggressive thoughout the hand because my opponent never gave me any indication that I should slow down. AA vs. JTs

Finally, after almost 50 hands I won a pot with two pair after being dealt KQo and getting a king on the flop and a queen on the river.

I lost most of what I had won a few hands later with two pair of aces and jacks to two people with straights. I should have slowed down when the ace came on the river.

The hand that hurt the most was when my pair of sevens when up against a pair of eights. The flop came KK7 giving me a full house. Three peopled checked in front of me and I thought for a while and decided to check also. The player to my left bet and I raised when it came back around to me. The turn card was another king, but I continued to bet. I really did not want to see that third king out there.

After that I managed to win four more hands but I took three pretty big losses at the end of the session and finished down $7.40 for the night. The biggest mistake of the night was when I thought I could take down a pot with a king high flush with my 65s.

I played pretty lousy on Friday night. I made poor decisions and the bankroll really suffered for it.

Total # of hands played on Party Poker: 1521
Current BR: $77.91

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home