Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Almost a Break Even Weekend

I played two sessions over the weekend and lost a penny.

Friday Night
I played 3 hours of .15/.30 on Friday evening and ended up winning $1.22. I think I played pretty well and made good decisions. I didn't get myself into too much trouble. I just waited patiently to be dealt some premium hands and played them aggressively. The most I lost on any one hand was sixty cents. I was down $5.04 when I was finally dealt a pair of aces and ended up winning the $2.97 pot with two pair, Aces and Queens. Then two hands later I won $3.77 when my hole cards, ATo, were paired on the turn and the river. After those two hands I was only down a quarter. At the end of the session, I was dealt QQ and flopped a third Queen and ended up winning $3.85.

Sunday Afternoon

On Sunday I played 2 more hours and lost $1.23. I made almost as many good decisions as I did bad ones. Several times I would be up close to $2.00 and then be back down to even a few hands later after staying in hands too long. Sunday was pretty much a rollercoaster ride for the bankroll. A few hands in I won a $3.15 pot after being dealt JJ and seeing it turn into a flush. Then I made the mistake and called a check-raise on the turn. I should have gotten out then.

After winning a $2.60 pot with a king high straight the bankroll took a huge nose dive after a string of unfortunate events. Over the course of the next 40ish hands I lost $5.44. Most of it on an open-ended straight draw that hit on the river, but was just not quite good enough. I should have checked and folded that one on the river, especially since the card that made my straight could have made someone else a flush. A few hands later I took another fall when my two pair was beat out my a full house on the river. Checking on the river and calling might have been a better idea.

After losing over $4.00 for the day, I was able to win almost $6.00 with a king high flush late in the session. I was extremely fortunate that one of my opponents wasn't holding the Ace to beat me. After winning that hand I was a little bit better than even for the day and then the bankroll took 3 more little hits on 3 gut-shot straight draws that missed at the end of the session. I don't think I played those last three hands poorly. If I had gotten the cards I needed on those hands I would have gone on to win each of those hands.

Total # of hands played on Party Poker: 933
Current BR on Party Poker: $78.47

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

I have not had the opportunity to play a live game yet.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home