Thursday, October 27, 2005

Freeroll Tourney on Party Poker

Last night I played in the $5000 New Players Freeroll on Party Poker. I finished 131st out of almost 2600 entrants and won $4.50. If I had played more aggressively I might have finished better. I played very tight for the most part. At the end of the first hour, I had a slightly above average chip stack. At the beginning of the second hour, the guy right in front of me started going all-in on every single hand and he made quite a killling because nobody was willing to stop him. I think he managed to win about 2000 chips this way until someone decided to go all-in before him and put a stop to it. I never really had anything that I could challenge him with, except pocket 9s, but I folded those because it was too early in the tournament to risk leaving empty handed.

I knew going in that I wouldn't win the whole tournament, my goal though was to at least get in the money and I almost didn't make it. A few hands before this one a guy at our table left in 238th place (only the top 220 places paid). The blinds were up to 300/600 when I was dealt QJo under the gun with only 448 chips left. I decided if I was going to go out of the tournament out of the money I would do it to myself and not be forced to put my all chips in on the next hand. I went all-in and only the button and the BB stayed in. The flop was 575, the turn was a K and the river was a J. I thought for sure going in I was going to be eliminated, but the river card helped me out. After winning that hand I had 1644 chips, but 900 of went to the blinds on the next two hands. My plan then was to fold again until the blinds came back around to me and hopefully by then I would be in the money.

Then a few hands later I was dealt AQo with 744 chips left and was guaranteed $3.50 at that point. I went all-in again and ended up winning 2832 chips when the turned completed the Ace high straight. Again my plan was to fold my way up the next level and go all-in with decent hands. With the blind at 400/800 and only 632 chips left I went all-in with 99 and ended up winning with two pair, nines and dueces.

With the blinds at 500/1000 and only 1028 chips left I went all-in with K6 suited and flopped KK6 for the full house. What a dream flop. I ended up winning 3556 chips on that hand. Then a few hands later, I went all-in with QQ against AK, a K hit on the flop and my tournament was over. I only needed to outlast 11 more people to make it to the next level and I might have made it if I had folded the queens, but I was pretty happy with what I had.

I know that I was extremely lucky last night to hit all those cards, but I had alot of fun and I won more money than I expected.

Current BR on Party Poker: $60.26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home