Monday, October 31, 2005

Weekend Sessions

I played three sessions on Party Poker this weekend. On Friday night I only played 79 hands and ended up losing $6.75. I only won one hand about midway through the session and made one really lousy decision at the end of the session. I won $2.82 with a pair of Kings. Then at the end of the session I lost quite a bit with a pair of Queens. I should have folded my Queens when I saw the Ace on the flop. After that stupid play I needed to quit before losing more money.

On Saturday I play another 121 hands on Party Poker and managed to win $3.60. I was down a couple of bucks early in the session when I lost with three kings to a full house. Then I lost another couple of dollars a little later with a pair of Aces to a rivered straight.

About midway through the session things started to turn around and I was able to string together several winning hands. The hand that started it off was a pair of Queens. Then I flopped a straight a few hands later and won $3.75. After winning that hand I was only down $0.86. Just 5 hands later I won almost $3.00 with a second pair of Aces and was up $1.06. A little bit later I attempted to steal the blinds with T3s from the small blind, but got called by the BB and ended up winning the hand with two pair (4s and 3s).

Near the end of the session I won my biggest pot ever with four of a kind. I was dealt a pair of threes in middle position and was hoping to get another three on the flop. Both threes hit on the flop long with a six. The river was another six and I was hoping at least one of my opponents had made a full house and was not playing a pair of sixes. Sure enough both of my opponents had a full house and I won $6.67. After that hand I was up over $5.00.

At the end of Saturday's session I lost $1.50 with a pair of Jacks. The flop was 2c, 5s, & 6h. I bet and was reraised on the flop. The turn was a 4, I checked and then called. The river was an Ace, I bet and then called a raise and my opponent showed 63s for a straight. I had a feeling he might have had a 3 when he bet the turn and I should have folded my Jacks there, but I wanted to see that I was beaten. I have to learn to fold when I am pretty sure I am beaten. Maybe I should have reraised on the flop, but I doubt that would have made my opponent fold his hand.

On Sunday I only needed to play 20 raked hands to release the $25.00 sign up bonus from Party Poker. I ended up losing $3.63 after playing 75 hands. I won only two of those hands, the first one after I was dealt AQ and flopped a Queen and won the hand on the flop. The second hand I won I was dealt a pair of Tens and river a third Ten for three of a kind. Even though I won the $3.22 on that hand it was still not enough to get me back to even and I ended up losing most of it on two hands late in the session. I don't think I played either of those two hand horribly, just got unlucky. The first time I had the hand won going into the river but my opponent made his straight on river to beat out my two queens. The second hand I lost with two pair on the board to a better kicker. I was dealt Q4s in the BB and checked to see the flop which was 8s, 2d & 2h. Everyone checked through to the river which was another 8, I bet and only one person called holding A7o.

I was pretty impressed with how quickly the bonus was released on Party Poker, once I played my 500th raked hand the money was credited to my account instantly. That was pretty cool. My experience with Party Poker and Instant Bankroll has been excellent. Instant Bankroll is a great way to get started playing on Party Poker.

Total # of hands played on Party Poker: 658
Current BR on Party Poker: $78.48

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home