Monday, November 14, 2005

The Biggest Pot of My Life

I played a couple of sessions over the weekend and won a total of $6.03.

Saturday Afternoon
I played almost three and a half hours on Saturday. I played pretty well the whole session. The most I lost on any one hand was $1.20 with a queen high flush very early in the session. Then I was able to win that back and much more after being dealt a pair of eights on the button. I limped in with my eights behind three others, then the SB called and the BB checked. The flop was T8J and I was planning to raise but the CO beat me to it so I called and then there was another raise followed by a reraise by the CO. I called and the turn was the 4 of clubs. The CO bet and I raised and then called a reraise by the CO. The river was another ten and I ended up winning the $10.87 pot. It turns out the CO had flopped a straight with his 97s. Another played rivered the Ace high flush and the fourth player was dealt pocket queens and ended up with two pair. If he had raised with his pocket queens I would have folded my eights.


I played another 100 hands and only won two more, both with full houses. I won $3.92 after being dealt a pair of queens in the BB. I raised and three people called. The flop was 99T, give me two pair. I continued to bet through the river after a 7 and 9 came up. Finally one of my opponents raised on the river, I called and beat out her nines full of tens.

The last pot I won was only $0.98 after my opponent was forced to go all-in on the flop. I called with a pair of sixes in early position. I bet after the flop came 552 and only one person called. The turn and river were both dueces.

After that my run of cards was over and the rest of the session was spent either folding pre-flop or on the flop after missing. I ended up walking away with $2.44 in winnings.

Sunday Afternoon
I played about 150 more hands on Sunday afternoon. I played pretty well and did not make any huge mistakes. Again the most I lost on one hand was $1.20. I open raised with AJo from early position, one player called behind me and another reraised. I called the reraise to see the flop. The flop was 8AT giving me top pair. I bet on the flop and again on the turn and river, both of which were nines. My opponent flipped up AQs and took down the $3.22 pot. I don't think I played that hand horribly.

I was dealt some pretty good cards and hit several flops. Twice I was dealt pocket Kings and won both of those hands with three of a kind. Twice I got the card I needed to make a straight on the river. The first one was a gut-shot straight and the pot was split between me and another player. The second, was an open-ended straight draw. I didn't really have the odds to call either the turn or the river, but I got lucky.

The biggest pot I won yesterday was $3.00 at the end of the session. I raised from early position with a pair of Queens. The flop was 63T rainbow and I raised after the BB bet. I bet on the turn and river as well and won the hand with two pair, queens and sixes. My opponent held ATo.

Overall I won 14 hands and $3.59 during that session. I made a few mistakes but got lucky and I was dealt some very good cards and hit several of the flops.

Total # of hands played on Party Poker: 1202
Current BR on Party Poker: $84.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home