Thursday, November 17, 2005

Another winning round.

I played another round of .15/.30 on Tuesday night. I only ended up winning $0.81. I played pretty but I made a couple of mistakes late in the session.

One of my biggest mistakes was thinking a calling station was weak, when he was not. I called with KQo in early position. When the flop came K96, I bet, a few people called then the CS raised. I should have slowed down there, but I reraised, and the CS raised again. I had been watching this guy call pre-flop with almost any hand. He didn't play every hand but he played most of them. When he raised and reraised after the flop, I should have recognized that he had something. I kept betting and calling his raises on the turn and river and my pair of kings lost to his two pair of nines and sixes. I guess that made me the calling station. I lost almost $2.00 with my pair of kings. After losing that hand I made sure to be very careful against him.

About 30 hands later I had managed to win three hands and was up over $4.50 for the night. Then I lost almost $2.00 with three of a kind vs. a jack high flush. I called with a pair of fours and the flop came 5h, 4h & 8d. I raised after one player bet before me and then called the raises behind me. The turn was the nine of clubs and the turn was the jack of hearts. I should have folded my set on the river after the bet and the raise but I held on to them and my opponent flipped over the 8 & 3 of hearts.

Then I lost over $1.00 at the end of the session with the second best kicker. I called the UTG raise with KQo from the BB. The flop was JJ4 with two clubs, I bet again and only the pre-flop raiser (PFR) called. We both checked the turn. I bet the river and called the PFR's raise and he held ATs. I don't think I played that hand very poorly. I don't think he would have folded his hand to a turn bet.

Now for the hands I won. The first hand I won was with a pair of tens with a queen kicker. I had QTs on the button and everyone checked on the flop. The turn was an ace and we all checked again. The river was a ten and the BB finally bet and everyone folded around to me. I pretty much guessed I had the best hand and called the raise and ended up winning $1.37. I don't see how I could have raised this hand, because I was not absolutely positive I had the best hand. The BB had T3o.

One of the biggest pots I won was against the CS I mentioned earlier. I raised pre-flop with a pair of nines and continued to play aggressively throughout the hand getting another nine on the flop. I wound up winning $5.37 with my set of nines against his set of fours. Of course a few hands later I gave some of it back to him in the hand I mentioned earlier.

Then I encouraged my opponents to fold after raising with QQ from from the button and everyone except the CS folded after the flop which came JJ9. I continued to bet throughout the hand and won $3.22 after the CS folded on the river.

Near the end of the session I took down a $6.00 pot after being dealt 64o in the BB. The board was A2345 on the river and everyone started betting and raising hoping for a split pot, but I disappointed them. The 4 & 5 hitting on the turn and river was the best thing for me.

I've noticed that if I get a hand that I can raise with pre-flop and continue to bet or raise throughout the hand that I have a better chance of winning those hands than I do if I have to start calling when the flop misses me or doesn't improve my hand much.

Total # of hands played on Party Poker: 1359
Current BR: $85.31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home