Tuesday, November 22, 2005

PGP (Pretty Good Poker)

I had a pretty good session on Saturday afternoon, but I did not leave the table with most of my winnings. I won 10 out of 121 hands, 8 of them during the first 60 hands. For the first part of the session I was getting really good starting cards and the flops were hitting me really nicely. I even took down a couple of pots from the BB with some really ugly hands. After 60 hands I was up over $8.00 and began to think that I might double my buy-in this session. Things did not go as well during the second half of the session. I would have liked to play longer but after taking a few beats, I could tell I was about to go on tilt and knew that it was time to quit before I broke even. I ended up walking away with $2.50.

Part of my downfall was thinking I could get the better of the loose player to my left who began to hit a bunch of flops and win several pots. I was pretty frustrated by the guy. He would see every flop and if he bet that meant that he had a pretty good hand. I have learned to be very careful of players like that, but I still made some mistakes against him.

I think I played pretty well for most of the session, but it was the mistakes I made that cost me dearly. I was also getting some really good cards during the first half of the session and that really made the decision making process easy. I plan to play a lot of poker during the long weekend. I really hope the upcoming sessions all go as well as the first half of this one did. More importantly, I hope the Cowboys can pull off a Thanksgiving day win against the Broncos.

Total # of hands played on Party Poker: 1642
Current BR on Party Poker: $80.41

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home