Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Some Progress

I played about 200 hands of $0.50/$1.00 limit, Saturday morning and made some progress. I think I played pretty well. I seem to play better in the mornings and afternoons than in the evenings. I didn't make too many huge mistakes. Out of the 12 pots I won, 11 of them were more than $4.00.

The most I lost on one hand was $7.50. I really should have dumped that hand sooner, but the pot was very large. I called with ATo in late position. The flop was KJJ, the turn was a nine and the river was another Ace. It turns out I was up against JJ and AK. That one hurt. I should have realized I was beat on the river and folded my hand instead of calling those raises.

The biggest pot I won was $12.50 with a pair of aces. I re-raised pre-flop after an early position player raised. I raised again on the flop of 6h, 3d, Jh. At this point I was worried the the original pre-flop raiser might have had a pair of Jacks. The turn and river cards were 5c and 2s. I bet on both the turn and the river after he checked to me. He only called my bets instead of check-raising them so I figured my aces were still good. I was correct and my opponent was holding a pair of tens.

I ended up winning $15.13. I also finished off the required raked hands for my reload bonus and earned a $15.00 bonus. I am hoping to play a couple of sessions this weekend. Hopefully, I will be able to play well and get good cards.


Current Bankroll: $217.53

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home