Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Doubling up!

Saturday morning I only had one hour that I could play. I played 38 hands and won three of them.

The first hand I won with, I received a pair of Qh Qd in early position. I raised and three people called. The flop was As 4d Qs. I bet and again the other three called. The turn was a 5d, I bet and only one person dropped out. The river was another 5s. Now there is no way I will fold this hand. I bet, one player called and the other raised. I reraised and they both called and the $1.75 pot was mine. I didn't get to see what cards the other two players were holding, maybe one or both of them hit a flush on the river.

Later in the session I won $0.98 with an Ace high club flush and then $0.36 with a pair of Aces. Most of the other hands were folded before the flop and I tried not to put money in after the flop unless I thought I had a good shot at winning it.

I bought a poker book last week called The Illustrated Guide To Texas Hold'em by Dennis Purdy and I believe reading it has really improved my game. I think I have a much better understanding of what hands to play and how to make the correct decision during each round of betting.

I ended up winning $1.53 this session and have now doubled the $10 that RVP gave me when I signed up.

Current BR: $21.02

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home