Monday, January 16, 2006

Flopping a Monster

I played a session of $0.50/$1.00 limit on Party Poker Sunday morning and was able to win $16.00. I was dealt some very good cards and hit several flops. I think I made good decisions and folded the hands that I felt were behind.

I was dealt AK four times out of about 100 hands and hit either an ace or a king on all four of the flops and won the hands. The fourth time I was dealt AK, the flop came down AAK for the monster full house. I called a bet from a player in front of me on the flop and then raised after he bet again on the turn. I probably could have squeezed a few more bets out of my opponents by waiting until the river to raise, but I was impatient. I will have to remember to be patient and wait for the river the next time I flop a monster like that.

I think the biggest mistake I made of the session was the very first hand I played. I had watched several hands at another table and noticed a player from that table was also sitting at the table I had selected. I knew that I would have to be careful against that player if I got involved in a hand with him. When I posted my first BB I was dealt A9o and checked after 4 others had called and the SB completed. The flop was 849, I bet and was raised by the multi-tabler(MT). I checked and called on the turn when a 6 came and then bet and called on the river after another 8 was dealt. The MT was holding a pair of fours. I should have just check and called the river, but I thought I might have him beat. I will have to be more cautious the next time I come across someone who is multi-tabling.

I also want to thank some of my readers for using my referrall code when you signed up for the Instant Bankroll promotion. Please post some comments and let me know how you are doing with your free money.

Current BR: $253.17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home