Friday, April 21, 2006

Playing Too Long

played entirely too many hands on Tuesday night. When I logged on to PokerStars and found a $0.05/0.10 Limit table, I did not intend to play as long as I did. I was dealt almost 350 hands during the nearly four hour session. Most of the session was played short-handed (not more than six players at the table).

When I first took a seat the table there were nine other players and I did not do very well. I played several hands poorly and lost almost $2.00 during the first 70 hands. Soon people started to leave the table and I found myself playing short-handed. I was getting some nice starting hands and I began winning pots. Several of the hands I won while we were short-handed never even went to showdown. After playing about 120 hands, I was up $0.81. But I kept playing and eventually left the table down $0.84.

The last couple of times I have found myself playing short-handed, I felt very comfortable. Which is kind of weird. Before, the thought of playing at a table with only 3 or 4 other players was not appealing to me. I didn't think I would be able win any money, but I did much better than I expected. I will have to play some more to find out if I can continue to do well or if I was getting a great deal of help from the cards I was dealt.

Wednesday I decided to try out the $0.50/$1.00 6-max limit tables on Party Poker. I wasn't as comfortable as I was Tuesday night. I am sure alot of it had to do with being worried about going broke. I will wait until I have built up the bankroll enough before I try that again. I lost $22.00 over 117 hands.

Current Bankroll: $222.70

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you intend to play until the total in hand reaches zero? If it reaches zero, will you be adding more money then?

I am not a poker fan, and am not sure how to play exactly. I am just surprised that it is rising in popularity so quickly. Now, every channel on TV has a poker tournament. Good luck with your money.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home