Wednesday, January 18, 2006

More SNG Adventures

I played two more $0.75/$0.25 SNG tournaments Monday night. I should say I entered the first one, because I didn't get much of a chance to play in that one. I busted out on the second hand of the tournament after being dealt a pair of queens in middle position. The first three early position players called and then MP1 raised to 120, MP2 called and I raised to 220. The rest of the table folded except for the chip leader who called my re-raise in early position. MP1 then pushed all-in and I called. I didn't really want to push all of my chips in that early, but I figured my queens were good. Then the chip leader called and all of our cards were turned over. The chip leader had T8o and MP2 had AKo. The final board was 294A9 and I was out in tenth place.

I only saw the flop with two hands during the first level of the second tournament and by then three players had busted out. The first one was in the BB with K2o. I raised on the flop after pairing both of my hole cards and won 120 chips. On the next hand I was dealt 88 in the SB and raised to 40 after UTG+1 and the button called. The BB, UTG+1, and the button called my raise after 669 with two spades came on the flop. I bet 80 and only the button called. I bet 160 on the turn after the ace of hearts fell and was again called by the button. The river was the king of diamonds and I we both checked. The button was holding K2 of spades. At least I still had 760 chips left.

During the second level, with the blinds at 20/40, I won 240 chips without seeing a flop after raising with AQs. On the next hand with 840 chips left I was dealt AK of diamonds on the button. I raised to 160 after two players called, then they both called my raise. The both checked to me on the flop of 962 and I bet 300. Only one player called. The turn was a seven, he checked and I pushed my remain 380 chips in, hoping he would fold right there. The other player called and showed KQo. I caught an ace on the river, won the 1900 chip pot and moved into third.

A few hands later I lost a significant amount of chips when I called an all-in raise pre-flop with KQ vs AQ and fell to sixth place. I ended up busting out in fourth place after pushing in the rest of my chips with AQo against AK and KQ. At least fourth was an improvement over tenth.

I made some bad decisions during that second tournament that kept me from making the money. I think I loosened up too early. I will have to learn to be more patient.

Current Bankroll: $253.92

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home