Monday, August 22, 2005

Playing again

After taking a full week off from playing poker, I finally found some time to play on Sunday night. When I logged on to Royal Vegas there were only 2 full .05/.10 limit tables and both of them didn't look to be very loose. I picked out my seat and began playing.

I did pretty well for the evening. I just continued to sit and wait for good cards to come my way and play them aggressively when they did. I won 9 pots out of 122 hands, 5 of them were up to $1 or more. I was dealt AA three times during this session and won with them twice. I hit a couple of straights on the turn. The first was and A high straight, which won $1.00 and the other was a K high straight that earned $1.43. The biggest pot I won, was with a pair of 4s that I was dealt in the SB and decided to pay another .03 to see the flop. The flop was Ad, 2h, & 4d. I checked, the BB checked, 1 player bet and another raised. I then raised, the BB folded and the origina bettor raised, capping the raises and the original raiser called and then I called. The turn card was the 5s. I immediately bet and again 1 player called and the other raised. We both called the raise and the river card was dealt, a Jc. I bet again, the player behind me folded and the other raised and I called. I won $1.73 with my three 4s and the other player hand two pair, Aces over fives.

The first time I was dealt pocket Aces, I was first to act and since everyone was playing so tight I was afraid if I raised everyone would fold. I thought it over and finally decided to just call and hope someone would raise behind me. The player to my left raised and four players folded and two called her raise. I then raised and the other three called. The flop was Ts 6s and 7h. I bet on the flop and the others called. The turn was the Js and again I bet, this time only the player to my left called. The river was the 6c, I bet, she called and I won $1.20. She didn't show her cards, but I suspect she had KK.

The second time I had pockets Aces, I was outdrawn on the river by a flush. I know I had the lead with my two pair (Aces and tens) before the river, but when that third heart hit I knew that I had been beat, but I called just to see. I should have just folded them and saved .10. Oh well, that's poker.

At the end of the session, I was up $2.29. I will definitely be playing tonight if I can find the right table.

Current BR: $22.99

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home