Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Not a good night.

Last night did not go very well. At first it looked like it was going to go very well. I sat down at one of the two $0.05/$0.10 limit tables on RVP and waited for the BB to come around to me. Again the table was pretty tight, alot of the player were folding before the flop and there was very little raising or betting going on. When it was my turn to post the BB, I was dealt T9d. Only two people called, a player in MP and the button. I checked and the flop was QJ3d. I bet, the MP folded and the button called. The turn and river were the As and 6c. I bet both rounds and the button called both times. I was suprised to flop a flush on my first hand. That pot was $0.63 and I was already up about $0.30. And then things got very ugly.

A few hands later, I was dealt AKo in MP. A player in EP called and then I raised. One more player called and then the EP caller reraised. Both of us called. The flop was Ad 6c 4d. The EP player checked, I bet and the other two called. The turn was a blank and the EP player checked again, so I bet, the LP player bet and then the EP player raises. But I called for some stupid reason. I could not figure out what he had. The river was another blank, the EP player bet and I called. He flips over AA and I lost big. I felt so stupid for falling for the trap I pulled off on someone in my last session. He played that very well and won $1.40. That put me down about $0.30 for the evening.

Then a few hands later I was dealt T9c in EP. I called, the CO called, the SB and the BB both stayed in. The flop was 599. I checked, the CO checked and both blinds folded, then I raised and was called by the other player. I bet on the turn and he called. I bet again on the turn and he raised, then I reraised and he called. He flipped over J9o and won $1.33. I sure didn't think he had the other 9. That hand cost me another $0.65 and I was down over $1.30 after just 32 hands.

Later on I lost another $0.35 when my two pair (Js and Ts) went up against three Ts. After that I was down under $21.00 and I slipped all the way down to $20.60 and then managed to get above $21.00, but lost it after a couple rounds of blinds. I ended the session down $2.00. Those early loses really hurt me and I spent the rest of the session chasing and getting nowhere. What a drag. I don't think I played differently than I did in the previous session, except maybe I wasn't as focused as I should have been. I thought it was supposed to be fairly easy to win at these micro limits, with a bunch of loose players, but that hasn't been my experience on RVP. I think have run into some pretty tight games. I am looking forward to graduating to another site. RVP doesn't really seem to have very many players at any of their games.

Current BR: $20.99

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home