Friday, January 20, 2006

I Might Be a SNG Junkie

I played four $0.75/$0.25 SNG tourneys last night on Royal Vegas and finished in the money in all but the first one. I don't know why I didn't start playing in these sooner.

In the first tournament I made a huge mistake with K8o in the BB. We were down to 4 players and I was the short stack with 1980 chips left. I checked pre-flop after two players called and the SB folded. I bet 320 on the flop after two jacks and a duece was dealt, hoping that they both would fold. Only one of them folded and the other one called. The turn was the four of spades and I bet 900 again hoping my opponent would fold, but again he called. Now I suspect he might have a jack in his hand. The queen of diamonds came on the river and I checked, intended to call if he bet. He bet 160 and I accidently hit the raise button and raised to 320. He called immediately and turn over JTs. After losing that hand I still had 360 chips left. A few hands later I pushed in my remaining chips from the BB with K3o and got help from a king on the river to beat a pair of jacks. I was dealt AKo on the next hand and pushed all-in again and found myself up against KK. I did not get the ace I needed and went out in fourth place.

In the other three tournaments, I finished 2nd, 3rd & 1st. In the last tournament of the evening, I was the short stack with 830 chips and 3 other players left. But I managed to steal a few pots by taking advantage of my tight table image and hang on until I made it into the money. I won several large pots when we were three handed and finally managed to gain the lead and eventually the win.

After it was all over, I ended up $3.50 for the evening. I am looking forward to playing several more of these this weekend.

Current Bankroll: $257.67

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home