Monday, January 30, 2006

Limit Sessions

I played a couple of limit hold'em sessions this weekend and I did pretty well. On Saturday I played a session on Party Poker and on Sunday I played a session on Royal Vegas.

I played almost 200 hands of $.50/1.00 on Saturday morning. I was dealt some very good cards won several big pots early. After about 70 hands I was up almost $30.00. Then I lost about $20.00 of that over the course of about 35 hands, some to bad decisions and some when my opponents out drew me on the turn or river. I lost $4.50 with pocket kings on a board of Js 3d 6s Qd 5s to an opponent holding QJc. And I also had a set of fours crushed on the river when another opponent made a jack high flush on the river holding AJo.

Then things turned around and I won some more big pots and had worked my way back up to about $25.00 up and then I again ran it to some trouble and lost about $15.00 of it. I think I started making some bad decisions and started calling down with some marginal hands.

I finally left the session up $10.38. For the most part I think I made several good decisions, but it was the bad decisions I made that kept me from walking away with more.

On Sunday I decided to play some $.05/.10 limit hold'em on Royal Vegas to see if I could build up a little bankroll for playing some more SNGs. Again I was dealt some very good cards and managed to win almost $4.00.

The biggest pot I won was $1.78 when I called from middle position with a pair of fives. The player UTG pre-flop raised and it was folded to me. I thought about folding my hand then decided to call the raise as did four other players after me. I was hoping to see another 5 on the flop and if I didn't I would fold right there. The flop came down 655. UTG bet after the SB and BB checked and I called the bet. Then one of the players behind me raised and I reraised when it came back around to me. I bet on both the turn and the river and two player called each time.

I won a couple of more pots and had almost doubled my buy-in and then I didn't get much of anything for several rounds. Then near the end of the session I was dealt KQ and hit a flop of KQx and then a Q fell on the turn. For most of the session the table stayed full with several players coming and going. Then suddenly several people dropped out and we were down to 6-handed and I was still getting pretty good cards and won several more pots when we were shorthanded.


Current Bankroll: $322.55

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home